Karawa Chauth is a very auspicious festival celebrated in Vedic culture every year. It is celebrated on forth day (Chaturthi/ Chauth) of Kartik, Krishna Paksha (waning phase of Moon).
It is celebrated for happiness, prosperity and well being of family. On this day married women keep fast and pray to Lord Ganesha for long life and good health for their husbands and family members. Lord Ganesha is considered to remove all obstacles and bring all round happiness. On this day married women pray and perform Yagya for good development, success and happiness of their children also.
On this day even unmarried young girls keep fast and pray/ Yagya to get good loving, caring husband and lead a happy, harmonious married life.
Mostly women observe fast on this day and perform Yagyas but men also can perform Yagya for happiness and good health in family, prosperity and good life.
A list of Yagyas most suited for this day is being attached as follow- (these Yagyas are proposes specially for ladies).
- Removal of obstacles
- For the well being of the whole family
- For improving possibility of finding suitable spouse
- For the well being and longevity of the husband
- For increasing possibility of having Children
- Good family life, better relationship between husband and wife
- Harmony and stability in married life
- Good relationships
- Fulfillment of Desires
- General happiness
- Good fortune
- Spiritual progress
- Improvement of health of spouse
Beside these special Yagyas planetary Yagyas can be also done or started on “Karwa Chauth”